HOMOPHOBIC, POLITICALLY CORRECT, OR ANTI-SIN?
By Dr. P. Bradley Carey
From his book
And The Dead Shall Walk The Earth
Myself and several of my associates and colleagues have been accused of being homophobic by members of the homosexual community because we speak against it. Before we go any further, we need to see what this word "homophobic" means. To fully search out the meaning of this word, I used the online edition of The American Heritage(r) Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. They have defined homophobia as, "Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men." Now this meaning is not truly correct. This is a term developed by the homosexual community as a label for those who speak or question the acts of their vile sin.
The first part of the word homophobia comes from the word "homo" which is a shortened version of the word "homosexual," which means "Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex."
The word phobic means, "Of, relating to, arising from, or having a phobia" and "One who has a phobia."
The word phobia means, "A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it..."
In addition to their definition of the word homosexual, this version of the dictionary also provides us with the following note:
So now that we have established that homophobia really means a fear of homosexuals, we can continue. First of all we have nothing to fear of homosexuality. It is nothing more than a sin. We have nothing to fear from it or from those who commit this vile and evil sin. Labeling those who speak against homosexuality as homophobic, is their way of trying to justify their sin and belittle those who speak against it. But if we stand firm and say NO to this sin and destructive lifestyle, if we refuse to give in, if we live the way God has told us to live, then we will overcome this sin, these sinful people, and all they represent.
- Usage Note: Many people now avoid using homosexual because of the emphasis this term places on sexuality. Indeed, the words gay and lesbian, which stress cultural and social matters over sex, are frequently better choices. Homosexual is most objectionable when used as a noun; here gay man and gay woman or lesbian and their plural forms are called for. It is generally unobjectionable when used adjectivally, as in a homosexual relationship, although gay, lesbian, or same-sex are also available for adjectival use...
Many in the homosexual community will call themselves gay, bi, transgendered, multi-gendered, multi-sexual, and dozens of other names, including the word gifted.
I am not politically correct, nor do I choose to be politically correct. I will not call a homosexual gay. Gay means happy, and since homosexuality is a sin, these sinners have nothing at all to be happy about. As for any other usage of words to describe this perversion, I will not use them. Homosexuality is just that, homosexuality. It doesn't matter what names you use to sugarcoat this sin, for it is still that, a sin. As for being a gift, if it is a gift, then it is one that is not from God, but one that comes from Satan and is straight from hell. This "gift" will lead a person into sin, perversion, darkness, and eternal damnation apart from God.
The Bible tells us following concerning the practice of homosexuality:
God's Holy Word also tells us the following about those who participate in the sin of homosexuality:
- Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.
- If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
This vile and evil act has no place in the life of a Christian and the Church. All it wants to do is duplicate itself in every individual that it approaches, disrupt and destroy families, communities, lives, and even your soul and eternal salvation. It's time to take a stand. Standing against this SIN does not make you homophobic. Standing against this SIN is not politically correct. Standing against this SIN will make you anti-sin and on the side of God. Where do you stand? Are you on the side of those who participate, promote, and spread this vile, perverse, and evil sin or are you on God's side? It's time to take a stand for there is no middle ground.
- Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolators, nor adulturers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.
(1 Corinthians 6:9)
- Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
For additional information regarding homosexuality please read my article, "The Cult of Homosexuality" at: http://www.icwseminary.org/homosexuality.htm.
All verses of the Bible quoted here are from the King James Version of the Bible.